Before | After: Demilune Sideboard

I fell onto this blog post accidently while trawling for something else, but I’m so glad I did! I always feel like a bit of a cheat just showing you someone else’s blog but I figure that if you like mine, then you might like blogs I like!

Phoenix Restoration

This project is nearly one year in the making. This buffet is part of a vintage set that I purchased at an estate when I was just getting my business off the ground last December. It sat in storage for about 8 months before I did a thing to it (cringe)!

Before: Pretty…if you like dark and heavy.

photo 1-3

In July, I started working on the makeover. Everything was going swimmingly well until the top got really messed up. Painting the body of sideboard was easy. The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Co’s “Salem Red” went on easy and covered the old finish in just two coats. After dry brushing a few gold highlights on the the ornate wood accents, I sealed with General Finishes High Performance Poly in Gloss and buffed with a bit of wax over the top. I moved on to staining and sealing the top which I had…

View original post 297 more words

2 thoughts on “Before | After: Demilune Sideboard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s